INTERNSHIP APPLICATION PROCEDURE FOR STUDENTS OF CARTOGRAPHY AND REMOTE SENSING STUDY PROGRAM
- Students obtain information related to internship opportunities in an agency, either from the SaIG Department website or from other sources.
- Students apply for an internship to the Head of the Cartography and Remote Sensing Study Program (CRSSP), through:
- Submit a letter of application for the internship activity that has been approved and received recommendation from the academic supervisor (DPA) (the letter is signed by the DPA) to the secretariat of the Geographic Information Science Department;
- Fill out the online internship application form at the following link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdc6U8T14ClKZMBHTh3twJhK9nxUvrLsKuZYrYjJbEcX7s7_Q/viewform?usp=pp_url
- For students who will carry out internships in an offline and blended online-offline manner, students must:
- Making a Risk Statement Letter which explains that activities during the offline process during the internship are the responsibilities of the student. The statement letter was approved (signed) by the parents of the student and acknowledged by the Faculty of Geography UGM.
- Fill out the Fieldwork Plan Form – Fieldwork Plan (FWP) and submit it to the secretariat of the Geographic Information Science Department (https://kpj.geo.ugm.ac.id/file/form-pengajuan-ijin-kegiatan-lapangan-di-luar-kampus/)
- The SaIG Department submits a letter to the Faculty of Geography UGM in accordance with the student’s request.
- The Faculty of Geography issues a “Cover letter for internship application” to the corresponding agency.
- The agency responds to the “Cover letter for internship application” from the Faculty of Geography.
- If the agency agrees, students can carry out the internship process in accordance with the time and schedule agreed by the SaIG Department, students, and related institutions.
- If the agency does not approve the application, which may be due to various reasons, students can re-apply the internship application process to other agencies according to this procedure.
PROCEDURE TO ASSESS THE RESULTS OF INTERNSHIPS FOR STUDENT OF CARTOGRAPHY AND REMOTE SENSING STUDY PROGRAM
- At the latest 3 days before students complete an internship activity in an agency, the supervisor / supervisor / person in charge of the internship activity must fill in the “internship evaluation form” for the student, which can be accessed at the following link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfCjAvVpjN5Hi5_ame3irXMb3tA8099aAFJGuqGdMhq0fNMzA/viewform?usp=pp_url
- A maximum of one week after completing the internship, students are required to make a brief report regarding the internship activities that have been carried out through the following link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfIYwMyDmLeS4fSJfKnJ4rdhWrB-aUF4dAR4xkAoKfOFBX9Sw/viewform?usp=pp_url
- The results of the evaluation of the supervisor / person in charge and the student’s brief report are used as the basis for evaluating the student’s internship performance.